Exoplanet Awesomeness


I admit it.

I'm a super-sucker for any kind of news about exoplanets.

It's probably my love of the concept of alien life, or maybe my wish to see a future like that I grew up experiencing in works of science fiction.  Whatever the case, my heart starts racing every time NASA (or any other space agency) announces a new discovery.

I'm particularly happy that the NASA space telescope Spitzer, an infra-red observatory, has detected direct light from one of the "super earth" classified planets in another solar system!

Watch for yourself!

(Video is courtesy Space.com & NASA)



I've heard rumor of a space observatory scheduled to launch that might actually be able to photograph an exoplanet.  I hate to say this, but I saw it on a science channel show and now I can't remember the name.  Once I track it down, I'll blog about it.

The future is going to be very interesting!

See the original Space.com article here.
You can find the NASA page here.

Comments

Popular Posts