Supernatural Longings for Tuesday

So I have a confession to make, though it won't come as a surprise.

I'm a bit of a dork when it comes to certain games and spec-fic content. As much as I like to be a serious sci-fi person, I enjoy the silly, the manic, and the just-for-fun stuff, too. I love getting to play in the many speculative fiction worlds in both the literary and gaming worlds. That's why I'm looking forward to Tuesday's release of The Sims 3: Supernatural expansion.

For those of you not familiar with the Sims 3, it's a "life-simulator" game that allows you to create and control digital people. The game engine lets you to construct digital beings (Sims) practically from scratch. you can determine their appearance (which is passed down through the game's "genetics" to their offspring), and set their personality traits which causes them to behave in certain ways when you're not giving them commands. Funny enough, I've managed to create Sims that actually act like the real life people I know before.

The game also allows you to build houses, gardens, and neighborhoods in which your Sims can interact, live, and die. For me, this has been one of the game's most addictive aspects. I've been known to pass an interesting house on the street, go home, and try to recreate it in the game. I love being able to design my "isn't this a neat idea" houses, too. I may have missed my calling as an architect...

Although the supernatural is not new to the Sims 3 world (there are already vampires, genies, mummies, and limited magic), the Sims 3 Supernatural expansion is taking it to a whole new level. For the first time players will be able to create supernatural Sims from scratch, including Witches, Vampires (new and improved with special powers and traits), Faeries, and my personal favorite- Werewolves. Full on spell-casting, and even raising the dead, are going to be a part of the Sims 3 world now. For fans of the supernatural and urban fantasy, this game is going to allow you to live and play in a setting you create yourself, and I can't wait!

See the trailer below:


Comments

Popular Posts