Book Review: The Life Engineered by J-F Dubeau

The Life EngineeredThe Life Engineered by J-F Dubeau
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I had issues trying to get into the story of this. I got about 52% into it and realized I still didn't fully understand why humans had vanished, so I went back and re-read the beginning. Then I realized that the premise of the story didn't make sense to me. In a world where interstellar travel is possible, and as commonplace as it is in this story, humans vanishing for the reason stated in the beginning simply makes no sense. I may have missed something, but I got the sense that the author really wanted this world set-up without thinking through how to make it logically.

The story itself isn't bad, but there were too many Capeks too fast to really connect with, and the names seemed a bit uninspired to me. I gave it two stars because the writing isn't bad, and the beginning sequence with the police and the hostage situation is really really good, but the rest of the book just didn't hold the same allure for me.

Comments

Popular Posts