Sci-Fi Movies of 2018 Part 1

I'm late this year, but here it is!

This is a crowded year for sci-fi, I'm happy to report. Below is the list of sci-fi films coming out this year, though it is by no means complete. For the sake of brevity I've left off some of the more quirky/indie ones, but encourage a brief Google search to find out what else is out there. Also, if I missed something you're looking forward to, let me know in the comments!


January

1/26/18
The Maze Runner: The Death Cure

My wife and I saw the first one of these in the theater long ago. It wasn't what I was expecting, but I was entertained for a chunk of it. I didn't watch "the Scortch" so I won't be catching this one, at least not in the theater.


February
2/16/18
Black Panther
Yeah, I'll be seeing this. I'm excited. It looks amazing!

2/23/18
Pacific Rim Uprising

So I have a "suspension of disbelief" issue with giant robots in full gravity. It's why I didn't watch Pacific Rim (though I love the music). I'll not likely see this one either, but people loved the first so it's probably worth a look if you're into this sort of thing.

Annihilation


I will take a miss on this one, only because the book is on my reading list and I don't want to spoil it.

March
3/9/18
A Wrinkle in Time

This movie is jam-packed with stars. Wow. I loved the book as a kid. I may just have to check this out.

3/16/18
Tomb Raider

To my own embarrassment, I haven't finished the game this movie is inspired by. Hmm. The movie does look cool, though (and the game is good.)

3/30/18
Ready Player One
My wife read the book and loved it. I haven't yet. Not sure if I'll watch this first or read it first.

April
4/20/18
Rampage
Loved the game as a kid. Not sure the movie is going to be... ah... I'll leave it at that.

May
5/4/18
Avengers Infinity War
Yes. Just, yes.

5/18/18
Deadpool 2
Again. Yes, please. Thank you for making this!

June
6/5/18
The Predator
(No Trailer Available)
It's a reboot by a guy who was in the first one. I'm a die-hard fan, even of the bad movies. I'll see it.

6/15/18
Replicas
This looks utterly cool, and utterly creepy. I will check it out.

6/22/18
Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom
Yup, gotta see it for tradition's sake- also, I did like Jurassic World.


And that's it for the first half of the year. I'll do pat 2 soon!

PS- SOme of you may be wondering where my review of the Last Jedi is... Well, I was disturbed by it, and I'm still thinking on how to put that into a post. It may come later...

Comments

Popular Posts